Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Billy the Kid layout

The circle monthly challenge is to do a layout of a recent event...well without a specific definition for recent I decided to do my son's 3rd birthday...it sure seems like only a few months ago he celebrated his 3rd birthday! The journal writing on the page tells the story of how he felt when being called "cowboy" during the family party. It was fun the first 5 minutes but then he wasn't sure if people knew who he really was...so after Grandma Barb (the gift giver of the cowboy get up) called him cowboy (the umpteenth person to do so!), he said in no uncertain terms - "I'm Billy -- the kid!"
So what did I use for the layout... lots of scraps and the back ground paper is from crate paper and I splattered it with Adirondack color wash - Espresso. The cuts I did on my Cricut E2. "Billy" and "the" are from the Making the Grade cart, "Kid" is cut from Old West as well as the cowboy hat and bandana. I jazzed up the cowboy hat with Viva pearl pen -chrome silver. The white accents on the cuts are with the white gelly roll pen and the journal-ling was written with Bic Mark-It ultra fine - woodsy brown (love my set of Bic mark-it pens I won from Joy's Life - thanks again Joy!!) The journal-ling block is border punched with Fiskars border punch, notebook.

No comments: