Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dress your bug

The magazine challenge for the Cricut Circle is to dress up one or more of the little collectible guys. I have two of the buggers, blue for the Expression and red for the Cake. I also have two sons(18 yrs., and 21 yrs.) and they are both planning on joining the Army. To honor my boys, I decided to dress my little Cricut figures as Army dudes and the first item to make was the "brain bucket" helmet. Most cuts are from the Stand and Salute cart. The dog tags used for the banner on the truck were done with the gypsy, I hide the image on the dog tag then added the font from Cake Basics. The patriotic hat is from Over the Hill cart, cut with white card stock and then I colored it with ink (red-festive berries,TH, and the blue LePlume marker). The truck is cut from some adhesive backed 12" x 24" paper from DCWV and the canvas layer (light brown) is paper from my scrap stash. The weapon in the red bug's hands is also cut from the DCWV dark brown card stock. The camo background paper are two pages I have waiting to use in DH's Army scrapbook that I have horded for a few years, hummm maybe I'll just save it now for the boys!

3 comments:

Scrappin with the bug said...

Adorable. I love the banner and the way you dressed these little guys.

Good luck to your sons.

L.B. said...

So much fun. Great theme for July!

cdm317 said...

I just love the set up for your cricuts! How cute are they with the helmets on? Good luck in the challenge!