Sunday, May 6, 2012

Art Inspiration Challenge

While riding in the car for a couple hours this weekend I designed a layout with inspiration from some framed art. The Cricut Circle blog had posted the picture of a rose with some interesting blocking around the edges so I used the blocking/layout as my inspiration. I also use the butterfly boarder idea and some vertical lines from the art piece and incorporated that into the layout. It was fun to have my gypsy with me in the car to play with shapes and ideas and I was pretty sure what photo I wanted to use in the layout.
Of course we had to use at least 3 Cricut Image cuts and mine were: butterfly boarder from Paper Trimmings; blue patterned cut out back ground from Ornamental Iron 2; and Spring from Gypsy Wanderings. The stripes turned out to be more of plaid paper but I love how everything coordinates. The paper was from piggy tales except for the spring image which was cut from bazzle paper.

No comments: