Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy B-Day USA

I wanted to make some fun jewelery to wear to my SIL's 4th of July party so I pulled out some printable shrink plastic, turned on the Imagine and started designing on my gypsy. I used three stars in two sizes (3" and 4.5") and the buccaneer Imagine cartridge for some patterns - blue stripes and red polka dots. I fill each star with pattern, the 3" with blue stripes and the center 4.5" with the red dots. Cut the shrink plastic used my crop-a-dile to make holes in the arms of the stars for jump rings then used my embossing heat gun to shrink. The stars shrunk to about 1" and 2". I used some large gold colored jump rings my DD had in her stash of beading materials, along with a few gold colored beads for a little extra flair. I wanted the necklace to be "light" in that the focus would be on the stars and stripes in honor of Independence day - Happy Birthday to the United States!!
I didn't have any chain to attach my star "charms" but I had some pretty gauzy-type ribbon that was just right for the look I was attempting. In all I like the necklace, it was a fun project to have something festive for the fun day. This is the first time I have used printable shrink plastic and was very happy with the results. The only thing I need to adjust is the depth of cutting, perhaps use multi-cut for a better cut.

1 comment:

Gramjak said...

Love your design… and the ribbon is perfect with the darling stars!