Monday, August 23, 2010

dorm decoration

I made a whole page full of cherries for my daughter to put on the walls of her dorm room.  I started with black Cricut vinyl and with my gypsy was able to maximize as much space as possible.  The cuts are from Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  The green stems are from a pack of solid papers I have had for years and the red cherries are laminated construction paper left over from a school project I had done.  During the vinyl cutting my cricut was accidentally turned off so one of the outlines was cut twice but not exact (the gypsy was handy to remove the already cut ones on the virtual mat and I could begin the cutting again!)  So the goofed up outline was used to sample the final product.  I stuck it to a board used to place a laptop computer on for stability.  I wanted the finished project to be on vinyl so Emily could put the cherries on the wall of her dorm room and be able to remove them without any problem, so basically I made a sticker for her walls!  I glued the paper (green stems) with zig two way glue pen and the cherries (laminated paper) I ran through my xyron using permanent adhesive.  I think/hope Emily will like these!!

No comments: