Tuesday, July 19, 2011

mini notebook

I made a small book for carrying in a purse or backpack. I think of it as a small version of a smash book. I already have a mini "smash" book that I carry with me and jot down ideas and layouts and glue in papers if I need to find matching supplies. Sometimes I write quotes I see/hear or use it to record websites friends say are must see. So, I decided to make another mini book for a niece who will be taking a long car ride. I think she'll enjoy writing poems and sketching places she sees.
I started with the plain book I picked up at Craft's Direct for a dollar. I used a gluber to make the fabric flower, the fabric was left over from a project my DD sewed and actually had the Pokemon Pikachu printed on it. I cut a strip of fabric, twisted and stuck it to the gluber starting in the center and twirled until I reached the outside edge of the gluber. The stems are from ribbon I purchased at the dollar spot at Target. The butterfly is a layered cut from Pooh and Friends cart. The small flower is from Plantin School Book and I used my i-top for the center brad, again using more of the Pikachu fabric. I used my white gelly roll pen to add the flutter path and some faux stitching on the snap hinge. It's not visible but I also added some stitching lines on the pink scallop boarder. The border is cut from Plantin School Book.

No comments: