Friday, July 22, 2011

Christmas in July layout

We are having a bit of fun on the circle message board with some Christmas in July challenges during/ending of CHA. We were given the challenge to make a card or layout using the provided sketches and to keep in the Christmas theme. I chose the layout and being that is Christmas in July...I did a Christmas in July layout. My mother's family has been celebrating Christmas in July for over 20 years with a weekend gathering. It is tradition to have a horseshoe tournament, everyone brings their favorite holiday treat to share, and a small gift to exchange. There is a Christmas tree every year and sometimes we decorate our tents/campers. When I found this challenge I dug thru my many years of pictures and felt inspired to scrap a few from 2007. Now, will I ever do the other 20 plus years? :)



Recipe...
all paper is Stampin Up except the ivory shadow and journal is from my stash
Red ribbon from stash
Hay wagon 2" Pop-up Neihborhood
Horseshoes 2.38" Old West
Evergreen (Christmas) trees 3.2" Winter Frolic
Bracket square 7.2" square (used the gypsy to adjust w and h) Storybook
Numbers, Letters and shadow 1.3" All Mixed Up (gypsy to weld)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Great layout, love the hay wagon and horse shoes. Anxiously waiting for all the other years of layouts!!!