Thursday, May 5, 2011

My E2!

I ordered the 5th year cricut anniversay Expressions 2 machine from HSN when it launched last week and it arrived on Monday while I was at work. I was so excited for the E2 I buzzed home earlier than normal (in other words I only stayed half hour past my scheduled end time instead of the normal hour and a half!) and the four preloaded cartridges but before I could dive into the box I had to make supper for the family and DH wanted to make applesauce cake (he'd been talking about it for a few days, sigh).

So I took a shot of the cat, Willow,

having fun with my package, did my KP and headed for the craft room.


I also made myself clean off the table and area where the new bug now sits (had to pack my old E in the travel bag - now ready for crops!)







I had to try one of the preloaded carts and made a cat, seeing as how Willow played with it more than I did that day.




Then on Tuesday I used the machine to make a stencil for some glass etching. I attended a bridal shower for a teacher in my building and wanted to make her something special, so I etched her soon-to-be last name initial in a set of four wine glasses.

Originally I designed the B and frame using Cricut Alphabet (new E2 cart) on my gypsy but I can't link the E2 carts yet so I had to change the B to a cart I have loaded on my Gypsy. The frame is from Jasmine cart and the B is Blackletter.

No comments: