Saturday, January 29, 2011

Circle Blog January Monthly Challenge

The challenge at the circle blog was to scraplift a project that was a past blog project, use two cricut cuts and two sponsor products. I saw a video on the circle blog showing how to make a shaker card by Shantaie Fowler for Halloween. Well, I needed to make a birthday card and loved the idea of a shaker card...so here is my interpretation!
I used American Crafts everyday bonjour paper (the flower base) and the solid colors are from Bazzill Basics Paper, Tropical Breeze (blue) and Guava Sensation (pink). The ribbon behind the Happy Birthday sentiment is American Crafts.
The card base is 5 1/2 square and the scalloped squares were altered on my gypsy using the frame cut from Accent Essentials. I cut two, one at 5 inches and a smaller one at 4 1/2, both had the inside square cut hidden with the hide contour button. The butterfly cut is from Hello Kitty Greetings cut at 3.73 by 3.4 inches. One butterfly was welded to the square, this was the cut used to glue onto the clear plastic (I recycled cartridge packaging but I believe Bazzill sells some wonderful clear acetate). The Happy Birthday sentiment was cut from Hello Kitty Greetings, height was 1 inch.
The shaker pieces were a miss-match of items I had. Some of the sequin was from Valentine's day card kits found at Target dollar spot last year, and some of the seed beads came from my DD stash of beading supplies.
I used dimensionals on the birthday sentiment to add drama, I felt with the floral paper as the shadow just didn't make it stand out enough. I don't have to worry about mailing the card, I plan to hand deliver it to my aunt in March when we meet for a ladies trip to SC. Over all, I am very pleased with how it came out, and will have to give myself a pep talk to actually give it to my aunt instead of keeping it for myself!

3 comments:

JustYolie said...

Very cute card! Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I'm now your newest follower.

Unknown said...

I've GOT to start doing this shaker thing. It's sooooo cool! Love it!

Drum roll please.....I'd like to share with you an award I received. Check it out on my blog.

http://crystal-kovach.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

I love your blog!!!
Go check out my blog I have something for you :)

http://marebearscraps.blogspot.com/