Saturday, March 3, 2012

a quick birthday gift

A wonderful friend had a birthday celebration today and I put together a little gift for her.
I found the gift bag with the "Make yourself at home..." sentiment a few months back and instantly thought of Marie so I was hoping for an opportunity to present her with a gift :) The invite for the b-day bash specified no gifts so of course I had to make her one! I used greenbean's crafterole idea of hand scrub and found another body scrub recipe (brown sugar scrub) and voila - two yummy spa treats for the birthday girl! I made the card using the Cricut Imagine and two carts - Letter Envy

for the monogram and inside bracket shape; and Audrey for the colors of the monogram layers and inside bracket-sentiment shape (I adhered it after snapping the photo). I ran the top layer of the card through the cuttlebug using the Moroccan Screen folder and then lightly inked the design with a studioG chalk ink pad and brayer. I used a happy birthday stamp and my Stampin Up chocolate chip ink pad for the sentiment and a brown sharpie to sign the card. I adhered the inside bracket piece with repositional adhesive so Marie can use the card as fancy stationary - kind of like two for the price of one!

No comments: