Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Circle Monthly Challenge

This month for the circle the challenge was to make something for travel...I used an old baking cookie sheet and used the doodle charms cart to create a magnetic backgammon game.
My sister and her family will be moving from MA to MN and I thought this would be a good game to have in the car. I just returned from a trip out east and I know they will be driving cross country so my plan is to mail the game pieces (nice and flat!) and they supply the dice. And yes, I know they have some spare dice because I picked them up and told them to same it for the car ride! I used doodle charms to make a summer themed backgammon board. I use Maya Mist to create the game board on the back of an old cookie sheet and the cart Doodle Charms to make the game pieces. The watermelon and flower were cut at .98 for height and 1.24 width. For both game pieces (flower and watermelon) I used paper from Archiver's dollar spot scrap pack. To create the flower I sent the center layer through the cuttle bug useing the swiss dots folder. The watermelon seeds were made using Viva decor pearl pen dark brown. The magnet was cut using the blackout feature and I had a large selection of thing magnet sheets from a promotion. The gypsy was very handy to plot where to cut the images. the end result are some lovely game pieces that could also be used as tick-tack-toe game pieces or even checkers (but I am not sure how to "king" a piece).

I painted the cookie sheet on the parts where the magnets would not be placed for any long period of time so the paint wouldn't be hampering the adheasion. I thought magnets would be best for traveling in case of running over bumps in the road and the pieces would stay in place.

1 comment:

Mary said...

What an awesome idea , Tina! The kids will have so much fun with that.