Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cricut Circle Blog

I have been trying to catch up reading my favorite blogs and was so excited to discover the launch of the Cricut circle blog!  They are open to all viewers but will close it to circle members only in a couple weeks, so head on over quick to take a look.  While there I found a challenge to try (open to members only) so had to give it a go!  Here is my 8 by 8 layout using cuts from the Cricut French Manor cartridge.
The papers are from Creating Keepsakes All in One scrapbooking kit, with the exception of the solid pink.  That is from a card stock pack I purchased at Target.  I used my gypsy to size the scalloped square to be 7 1/2 inches. The cut is found with the Tag 1 feature and shift/lock key.  The oval tag layers to be 2 inches by 3 1/4 inches (used hide contour to delete the two holes) for the pink shadow layer and the pattered layer was 1 3/4 by 2 3/4 inches.  The oval is found with the layer function.  I inked the pink paper edges with Color Box fluid chalk - creamy brown.  The green gems in the corners are from Imaginisce attached with the i-rock tool.  The clear crystal gems on the oval are also from Imaginisce.  The pink flourish is cut from the Cricut French Manor Cartridge.  The vintage lace is from a stash I received from my grandmother.

No comments: